The Great Grow Along
Garden Media Group is helping to coordinate a three-day virtual event in March designed to garner even more excitement about digging in the dirt among new and existing gardeners. The Great Grow Along will take place March 19-21 and will connect the audience with lifestyle experts, plant gurus and cutting-edge designers.
“We have a historic opportunity to lift the entire industry by cementing millions of new gardeners into the hobby,” explains LaManda Joy, founder of City Grange in Chicago and the brains behind the new show. “Our Great Grow Along vision centers on education. For their future—and ours—we seek to empower new gardeners by honing their skills.”
The virtual event will feature more than 30 sessions on a variety of topics for less than $30 per ticket. Our very own Kiss My Aster columnist Amanda Thomsen will be one of the speakers, as will author and interior stylist Hilton Carter, ‘Farmer Nick’ Cutsumpas, David Mizijewski of the National Wildlife Federation and author and foodscaping expert Brie Arthur, among many others.
Six tracks will be offered over the three days, including:
• Edible Gardening: edibles, seed-starting, fruit, veggies and more
• Urban Gardening: building raised beds, small-space fruit and all small space gardening needs
• Pollinators & Plants: understanding natives, pollinators, plant selection and more
• DIY Landscaping: tree care basics, think like a landscape designer, container design and more
• Houseplants: fundamentals, light, propagation, pet-safe planting and more
• Dig Deeper: organics, soil testing, compost; xeriscaping, permaculture, chickens and more
Find out more about the event at www.greatgrowalong.com. GP